It was my grand intention to avoid all things "hot topic" or "political" in this blog. But, the senseless killing of chilren and teachers and ensuing things I am reading and seeing may drive me there.
I am going to school soon. An elementary school. Public school. And you know who is coming with me? My God. And you know who is coming with my 21 students? Their God. Their truth.
I will not stop them in line and ask them to leave God behind.
No, I won't lead them in prayer. Why would I? Why should I? This is a public school and they are young. So very young. They have families that have faith and beliefs and I honor each one of them. Just as I'd want my own honored. So, no I will not lead them in prayer.
But, a God I believe in is kind and loving. He does not stop at the door of the schools and wave his hands in defeat and say, "Well, they don't organize prayer in there. I wash my hands of what happens." Who would want to beleive in that God?
I will pray a thousand times today. Help me find the patience. Help me keep these kids safe. Help me teach them. Thanks for that laugh. Thanks for this opportunity.
My students will too - In their innocent and sweet way. In a way that is right for them.
And I believe God loves that best of all.
So, when I read that violence happens in school because God isn't allowed there, I recoil. And I get mighty disgusted. He is allowed there. He is most welcome. And even if he wasn't - I do believe he'd still love us all the same.
Thank you, Tracey.
ReplyDelete